Physiological Measurements Limited is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant health services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business. Our core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. From people to products and processes, we aspire to deliver on our purpose in everything we do.
Working for PML as a you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
As our you will be responsible for working with the Management Team and with operational teams delivering an effective, high quality, risk based compliance oversight and monitoring performance across all PML service delivery areas. Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by the company to address compliance with all relevant conduct regulatory obligations as well as performance indicators.
This is role offers the opportunity to make the role your own, influence policy and procedures within the company. The role will develop as the company progresses and the needs of the role will be determined by the nature of the work we are undertaking and our customers demands. Resources available would include audit trained staff, junior managers and administrative staff, although the majority of the work would be undertaken by the Quality and Risk Manager himself/herself.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
Development of an annual risk based Compliance monitoring and oversight plan which focuses on Conduct and other regulatory risks
- Ensuring adherence and submission of the DSP toolkit
- Monitoring company policies register with expiry dates and when to be updated
- Being company point of contact for compliance with other sub contracted companies such as IT provision, ensuring compliance of subcontractors policies and ensuring policies are adequate and aligned to PML.
- Being responsible for contractual compliance of all sub contractors and suppliers.
- Developing new policies as and when required.
- Updating any outdated polices (excluding specific policy that require specialist medical advice).
- Managing the process of updating polices that require specific specialist medical advice.
- Assisting with maintenance of a comprehensive Compliance Risk Register that is an action point on SMT meeting agenda.
- Taking responsibility to manage and deliver robust risk based compliance assurance reviews and oversight activities to deliver the Senior Management Team an insight into the efficiency and effectiveness processes and of regulatory risks and best practice.
- Developing high quality, succinct, timely and accurate compliance monitoring and oversight reports for presentation at monthly management meetings.
- Collaborating within the business to determine and agree pragmatic and effective remedial and preventative recommendations where vulnerabilities and risks exist, monitor corrective plans and provide guidance, advice and support to deal with and avoid similar situations in the future.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the business to effectively track, manage and report on open, closed and overdue actions through to successful implementation.
- Assisting the SMT to develop monthly and quarterly management information on all monitoring and oversight activities, risks and issues, which contribute to the Assurance reports for the Directors.
- Regularly liaising with other areas of the business to link policies to specific areas of the business and ensure they are aligned to the operational need of each area of service delivery.
- Seeking to enhance compliance monitoring and oversight activities to increase productivity and effectiveness in supporting the business
To become our Quality and Risk Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Degree level education
- Worked in healthcare sector previously
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills to an Executive level
- Competent and highly analytical
- Experience within Compliance Monitoring and oversight experience
If identified further training and support can be provided to ensure the candidate has the correct experience and skill set to deliver the requirements of the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £29,000.00 per year