Physiological Measurements Limited is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant health services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business. Our core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. From people to products and processes, we aspire to deliver on our purpose in everything we do.
Physiological Measurements Ltd have extensive and award-winning experience in delivering community diagnostics, in particular community ultrasound services.
PML are now recruiting for an experienced manager, responsible for leading 40+ administrators and Team-leaders in our Patient management centre responsible for processing 15,000+ patient referrals a month.
The PMC Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the PMC, ensuring that operational priorities are adhered to and workstreams supported in line with contractual department KPI’s.
This role will take responsibility for ensuring all department targets are met and working closely with the Training lead for development and compliance, to ensure quality PMC performance.
The ability to motivate, engage and ‘man-manage’ is crucial to the success of this role.
- Assigning Resources to Workstreams "on the day" to ensure that operational priorities are adhered to and workstreams are supported.
- Daily supervision of the Patient Management Workstreams.
- Contribute proactively to continuous quality improvement through own practice and through support to others
- Support the management of complaints and compliments received in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of the PMC team. Reporting on KPI’s adherence and PMC performance to the Senior management team.
- Ensure Daily Update for Utilisation and Call Handling Teams is sent in a timely manner.
- Working alongside HR for the recruitment and selection of team leaders and deputies.
- Ensure patients are booked within KPI’s
- Underutilised clinics Flagged to Ops Team
- Urgent pathway KPI are met for all areas
- Waiting lists managed to ensure they remain under 6 Calendar weeks for all NOUS referrals
- Management Reports as Required on Workstream
- Identify Training needs for team and where additional support for team members are required to be addressed by the Training lead.
- Ensure department compliance with CQC quality and governance requirements.
- Ensure that patients on Waiting lists are contacted 3 times prior to Discharge
- Ensure that patients do not go without contact in line with KPI’s
- Ensure discharging takes place in timely manner and appropriate records kept
- Reporting to Directors on Operational PMC performance and attendance at SMT meetings deliver PMC Updates
- Facilitating Team Meetings with PMC to ensure team remain updated on operational issues
- Ensure completion of Risk Register for Workstream and escalating as appropriate with Quality and Risk Lead
- 2nd line Complaints handling and liaising with Quality & Risk Lead
Skills attributes and experience
- Proven management experience, including managing first line managers.
- Experience with HR procedures including absence and disciplinary procedures.
- High levels of attention to detail
- The ability to motivate and engage a large team.
- The ability to develop and nurture performance across the team.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels- verbal and written
- Health sector background
- Excellent Organisation Skills
- Confidence to make difficult decisions
- Decision-making skills
- Customer service orientation
- Effective interaction with stakeholder
- Adept at working as part of a team; collaborating with colleagues
For More information please contact [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent