Physiological Measurements Limited is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant health services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business. Our core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. From people to products and processes, we aspire to deliver on our purpose in everything we do.
Physiological measurements Ltd is hiring for a Senior Data Analyst. This role will have full responsibility for the provision of Data and provide oversight of all NHS Patient related Business Intelligence within the organisation.
We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our rapidly expanding, progressive organisation.
Supported by a Junior data analyst, this role will ensure the timely provision of accurate data for internal/external reporting and will be pivotal in the use of data and business intelligence to inform overall business strategy.
Post Title: Senior Data Analyst
Department: Business Intelligence
Locations: Oswestry, Shropshire but Remote working considered.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Accountable to: Head of Operations
Responsible to: Head of Operations
· Manage the Data Analyst team to ensure the timely provision of up to date and accurate reporting where required.
· Collate data for Monthly Invoice creation and Monthly Data Set submission (including submission to Data Landing Portal, DM01 data sets).
· Provide Senior Management team with internal operational data.
· Provide operational and performance data for Quality and Performance reporting to CCG’s.
· Also involved in a variety of tasks, including audits, to monitor and ensure the quality of patient demographic and activity data.
· Working with other Departments and Directorates as required and also the wider information team to identify areas of non-compliance on patient-based information system with the staff responsible to resolve these to ensure compliance with national standards.
· Acquiring data from primary data source (ipmc2 Database).
· To review and improve reporting of data at all levels ensuring the organisation has access to accurate and relevant data in order to support data driven decision making
· Communicating with the management team to address any data queries and missing data.
· Interrogating patient files to address any data queries and missing data.
· Informing PMC of data discrepancies affecting main database (E.g. incorrect referring surgeries, incorrect CCGs selected).
· Transferring data to both internal and external (CCG) bespoke reporting templates (PML Data Collection Spreadsheets) used for
· Responsible for the accuracy, security and consistency of information held within the databases. Conducting regular audits and cleansing of data.
· Analysing monthly data to calculate internal and CCG KPIs, specifically being able to interpret individual patient RTT times, result return times, Patient choice parameters and other metrics.
· Identifying Data Quality errors and taking appropriate and timely measures to resolve them.
· Liaising with Operational Teams to providing clear background narrative for KPI reports where thresholds are not met.
· Liaising with finance team regarding invoicing times (i.e. when the data is ready for the CCG to be invoiced), chargeable units, and queries.
· Liaising with Senior Management Team regarding results and KPIs before reports are sent to CCGs.
· Room Usage - Update and email various surgery location NHS staff with monthly metrics in order for them to issue invoices.
· Update and maintain “Scans per sonographer” spreadsheet for Operations Team to plan audit log.
· Download and collate SMS survey data for Senior Management Team, Quality and Risk Lead and CCG KPI Quality reports.
· Download proformas and populate monthly Strategic Data Collection Service (SDCS) returns for NHS Reporting (formerly UNIFY).
Skills, Attributes and Experience:
· Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
· Advanced understanding of Excel and associated capabilities. Power Stack (Power BI)
· A strong background in the use of SQL
· Excellent report writing skills
· Skilled in communicating in English both orally and written
· High level administrative and organisation skills.
· Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
· Education at a degree level or equivalent in relevant subject/field.
· Experience of writing and preparing reports for senior colleagues and / or meetings.
· Ability to manage complex, sensitive or stressful situations.
· Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business.
· Displays a positive approach to tackling problems and find ways to identify suitable solutions.
· Good understanding of GDPR.
· Experience working in the NHS or a Health care environment.
5+ years in a Data Analyst or equivalent role.