- To treat all patients in with care, dignity and respect at all times.
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will be both efficient and timely.
- To ensure that a flexible service is delivered, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion while respecting each service users right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and the right to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that service users’ needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race/ethnic origin, sexuality/sexual orientation, political affiliation and disabilities/impairments.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable the care requirements of service users are met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively, to make the best use of resources and to maximize value for money for the service user and our customer.
- To ensure that all staff receive the necessary training and personal development to perform their jobs in the most effective manner.